June 23, 2011

NYX Haul: 12th Anniversary Sale

So if you have not heard about the NYX 12th Anniversary sale, please consider yourself lucky.

The ordeal started in mid-May when NYX was supposed to have a sale on their website and had most of their products for $1.20! What an amazing deal, you may think. Sadly, this sale did not go as smoothly as planned due to major server capacity malfunctions on their website and an inefficient system of attempting to fix these errors. Twelve hours passed since the beginning of the sale and thousands of people could not even get the website to load. It was havoc. People were getting really angry, blaming NYX for poor customer service, threatening to report them and boycott them, and accusing them of running a scam. It was absolute craziness and I did not choose to participate too much in the virtual mob of makeup-loving women which was forming on their Facebook fanpage.

Instead I patiently waited and decided to use the coupon they offered everyone for their difficulties: 50% off most items and Free Shipping. Hey, half-off is better than no deal at all! So I ordered a bunch of stuff, the necessary swatches for which can be found below and the rest of the items are mentioned in my video. Besides the fact that it took NYX almost a whole month to get the products to me from the time I ordered them, I've been loving all my new shadows and am optimistic that NYX will have better-functioning sales in the future. Enjoy!









8 comments:

  1. I really like the eyeshadow pots, lipsticks, and pencils. Also the Ultra Chic palette looks like it has a NARS Albatross dupe. =)


    JC
    www.makeupdiary.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video)
    You are so pretty!I follow you!
    Follow me?
    http://alinochkablog.blogspot.com/
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JC Wow I never even realized about the NARS Albatross comparison! I actually have it and just swatched in on my hand, pretty good dupe! Although the NYX shadow color is more white based even though they both have golden shimmer to them. The NYX is quite a bit more opaque so i would definitely use less of it to make it a little less striking white. Good spotting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great video! you got some good purchases-my favorites are all of the orange/yellow/gold eyeshadows (they are perfect for summer!), and the oro pigment because it looks amazing! i have to try that now!!! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loove all my oranges and yellows! they inspired me to make separate little drawers for my cool eyeshadows and my warm ones. And Oro is definitely a must, its so so pretty and cheap! Thanks for the comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá;tudo bem?


    Meu nome é Priscila,sou do Brasil ...
    Adorei seus videos e já estou seguindo seu Blog

    *Se quiser segue o meu Blog também...Beijos

    http://lindaspinups.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete