July 23, 2011

July Birchbox

The July birchbox is here! As many of you YouTubers and bloggers out there know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for deluxe samples and travel sized items including makeup, skincare, etc. I think I may be doing a full review on the Birchbox service sometime soon so I won't go into much further detail in case you have already been bombarded with explanations about it in other blogs/videos.

The July box is special in that it is curated by Cynthia Rowley, a fashion designer. I was quite excited to get this box and am happy to say that it was as wonderful as the other 4 boxes I had received in previous months.







































This is what I got in my July Birchbox:
1) Ahava mineral hand cream
- As my friend Yuliya (Cutiegingerbread) described it so perfectly, it smells like floral baby powder but in a good way! Moisturizing and soft without leaving the hands feeling greasy.
2) Philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
- I have heard so much about this cleanser before the july box, as it is aptly named a "cult favorite" on the birchbox description card. I've seen Pinkiecharm rave about using this cleanser with the clarisonic so I followed suit. I did enjoy the results after one time, but will definitely make further conclusions after using it a few days in a room. Mild and balancing!
3) Redken shine flash glistening mist
- My hair is naturally pretty shiny so this did not make a dramatic difference but I did notice a bright, natural sheen which will help on the days when my hair isn't as healthy as it usually is in the summer. 
4) Zoya Touch collection nail polish in Shay
- Creamy nude with a touch of pink to it, definitely a professional and natural looking color. It has a sheen to it that is perfectly understated and not glittery or gaudy. 
5) KIND Almond & Apricot fruit and nut bar
- I have loved these bars for years now. They used to be at Starbucks but they were definitely around $3 for a single bar... crazy! My mom and I have been ordering these from Amazon.com (But Them Here!) for a 12 pack which ends up being $1.80 a bar. I featured these bars in my What's In My Purse? video because they are the perfect thing to throw in your bag for a delicious and nutritious treat. I'm glad Cynthia Rowley agrees :]


So all in all pretty pleased with this month's Birchbox: Zoya nail polish is always a great addition to my addiction, I have been meaning to try the Philosophy cleanser, the Kind bar was a yummy treat and I can never use enough small moisturizing hand creams to throw in my bag! I hope some readers out there got this Birtchbox or were convinced to try out the service next month!

[Sorry there is no video to go along with this post but I have tried recording it on two separate occasions and my computer keeps chopping them into pieces or blocking out sound so I have given up on recording the video for it. Just makes this more exclusive to my blog I guess! :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment