July 06, 2011

Trend: Ombré Nails

So I decided to do something with my nails besides just painting them one color. I have tried this trend a few times but only now have I actually come up with results I've liked. Ombré nails! I have no idea when this became popular but I have definitely seen it in some advertisements and on some celebrities.  Here is what they looks like:



Basically its as simple as picking a few different shades of the same basic color and arranging them in order from light to dark on the different fingernails. I chose to do a blue shade color story because I had the most different shades of blue polish in my collection. I thought at first that I would need 5 different shades which could prove rather difficult if you are not particularly as obsessed with nail polish as I am and have only one or two shades of each basic color of the rainbow. What makes it easier is that you really only need 4 different shades. Any ombré design can be done starting with a simple white color (usually on the pinky) and building up darker and darker as you go towards the thumb. So using white as a starting point it is so easy to create really lovely looks with any shade family!!!

I actually went a step further and added Essie's Matte About You topcoat to make all the shades matte so they look a little more like they belong together in a very creamy shade collection even though the polishes were from several different brands. I think this added the perfect finishing touch! So here is what the polish looked like before mattifying and after:


This effect just made all the colors very frosty and creamy, I definitely enjoyed the finished product.
Here are all the polishes that I used...

1. (Base) Orly Bonder
2. Sinful Colors: Snow Me White
3. Essie: Borrowed and Blue
4. OPI: What's With the Cattitude
5. OPI: Suzi Says Feng Shui
6. Sephora by OPI: Opening Night
7. (Topcoat) Essie: Matte About You

1 comment:

  1. wery good colors!!!!
    welcome
    http://lesja134.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete